Boy, five, victim of Sunday’s explosion, in stable condition – Medical Director

Spread the love

A five-year-old boy, David Nnamdi, victim of the Abule-Ado explosion, which occurred on Sunday, is in a stable condition at the

Dr Madewa Adebajo, the hospital Medical Director, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Tuesday in Lagos that Nnamdi was brought to the hospital by Lagos Ambulance (LASAMBUS) Team on Sunday.

“Nnamdi is conscious of his immediate environment and he is stable after 24 hours of the incident.

“David is coherent and conscious of his immediate environment, he seems stable after 24 hours of the incident.

“X -rays had been conducted along with various tests, as well as extensive treatment, which Mrs Ibijoke Sanwo-Olu, Wife of Lagos State Governor, benevolently supported financially, with cash for the caregivers.”

Also, Dr Efunnuga Efunyele, a Consultant Surgeon at the hospital, said the boy was stable in spite of his head injury.

READ ALSO: Gov. Sanwo-Olu updates Buhari on Sunday’s Lagos explosion

Efunyele said that Nnamdi’s body temperature was being closely monitored.

NAN reports that the governor’s wife had on Monday visited the victim at the hospital and promised to pay the medical bills of the boy.

During her visit, Sanwo-Olu enjoined residents of the state to be safety conscious toward safeguarding lives and property.
She said: “It is very sad that such occurrence happened. I sincerely condole with every family affected by this gruesome experience.

“However, this requires that we must see something and say something as a daily culture.

“All Lagosians should be very observant of their immediate environment to alert upon any unusual activities.
“We must all learn to raise alarm on every occurrence that seems strange before it escalates.”

(NAN)