Header Ads

Barcelona Vs Juventus: Latest Odds Team News, Predictions, Line Ups, Betting And Match Odds

The long-awaited return of the Lionel Messi vs. Cristiano Ronaldo rivalry is finally happening on Tuesday, as Barcelona hosts Juventus in Group G of the Champions League.


Ronaldo missed the first fixture between the teams in Turin after testing positive for COVID-19. This time around, even though we finally have the highly anticipated matchup between the two best players in the world, there won’t be much at stake.

Barcelona has a three-point advantage atop the group, and Juventus need to score at least three goals and win by two to take first place from the hosts. Both Barcelona and Juventus are both struggling in their respective domestic leagues, so a win on Tuesday could be just the confidence boost they need.

Barcelona

Based on their standards, Barcelona haven’t been their dominant selves this season. They only have a +4.2 expected goal difference (xGD) to start their domestic season, which is fifth best in La Liga. In fact, Barca have already dropped 15 points from their last eight league matches, which is almost unheard of for a Messi-led team. Things hit an all-time low on Saturday when they lost on the road to newly promoted Cadiz, 2-1.

However, despite all of their issues domestically, Barcelona have been dominant in Champions League group play. They are a perfect 5-0-0 and have a +10.7 xGD, which is the highest of any team in the competition this season. Even though Barcelona only needs a draw, I expect them to come out firing to try and make it a perfect 6-0-0 in group play.

Juventus

It’s been a weird season so far for Ronaldo and Juventus. They are unbeaten on the season but have way too many draws for a club that has won nine straight Serie A titles.

Juventus are currently in fourth place in Serie A, six points behind top-of-the-table AC Milan, and have really struggled on the road. They only have one win in five matches away from home and only have a +3.01 xGD to show for it. In fact, this past weekend they needed two late goals to beat their city rival, Torino, who are currently 19th in Serie A.

The Italian champions have also not been dominant in the Champions League. They needed a Alvaro Morata goal at in the final minutes to beat Hungarian side Ferencvaros at home.

Barcelona vs Juventus Team News

Ronaldo Koeman has rested players for the last two matches in the competition but is unlikely to continue that policy, given that top spot is yet to be mathematically secured while their problems in La Liga also mean a victory is of vital importance for morale.

Gerard Pique, Ansu Fati and Sergi Roberto are all out for the hosts, while Samuel Umtiti and Ronald Araujo are likely to still be sidelined.

Juve look set to be without defenders Giorgio Chiellini and Merih Demiral, although Cristiano Ronaldo is available to potentially line up against rival Lionel Messi after the Portuguese missed the reverse fixture

Barcelona possible starting lineup:

Ter Stegen; Dest, Araujo, Lenglet, Alba; Pjanic, De Jong; Pedri, Messi, Coutinho; Griezmann

Juventus possible starting lineup:

Szczesny; Cuadrado, Bonucci, De Ligt, Sandro; Kulusevski, Rabiot, Bentancur, Chiesa; Morata, Ronaldo

Barcelona vs Juventus Infogol Predictions

The Infogol model predicts a 45% chance of a win for Barcelona. There is a 33% chance that Juventus will win. The draw is a 22% chance.

Barcelona vs Juventus Betting Tips

Analyst Verdict for today’s match between Barcelona and Juventus is to bet on Over 3.5 Goals.


No comments